- 1. Basic concept
The Public Relations Office in Policy Evaluation and Public Relations Division in Minister's Secretariat, MIC, collects basic information on anyone visiting the website (http://www.soumu.go.jp/ hereinafter referred to as "this website") to the extent necessary for smooth operation of services (provision of information, acceptance of opinions and delivery of the MIC Communications New, etc.) on this website of MIC. The information collected is only used within the scope necessary for the prescribed purposes.
- 2. Scope of information to be collected
This website does not collect the personal information such as personal names or birth dates except the cases cited below.
- (2) When you use a mail form on the "E-Mail (a form for submitting your opinions/proposals), please fill in the necessary information (e.g., target field, title, opinion, proposal) on the mail form. Entries of your name, prefecture of your residence and e-mail address are voluntary.
- (3) When you make an inquiry concerning the MIC's information and communications policy by using a mail form on the "CONTACT US" on the Information and Communications Policy Site (http://www.soumu.go.jp/joho_tsusin/eng/index.html), please fill in your name and e-mail address on the mail form. Entries of your country name, occupation and purposes, etc. are voluntary.
- (4) When you make an inquiry about a link to this website or the copyrights of a page on this website by using the form, please fill in your website URL (only when you intend to place a link to this website on your site) on the e-mail form.
- (5) When MIC invites the public to make comments and give opinions, and accepts various inquiries via the e-mail address of "XXX@soumu.go.jp" there will be some case where you are requested to fill in your name, address, telephone numbers, etc. In such cases, please be aware that the sender's e-mail address will be indicated at the recipient side.
- (6)Upon subscription to the "MIC Communications News," we request you, the potential subscriber, to register your name and e-mail address. Entries of your information, including title, post, name of organization, business field, country name, address, postal code, telephone and fax numbers are voluntary.
- 3. Purposes of using collected information
- (1)Information collected through proceedings under 2. (1) shall be used as reference data to implement delivery of services through this website.
- (2) "Opinions and proposals" collected through proceedings under 2 (2) shall be used as reference data to develop future policy plans. To this end, according to content, those proposals may be sent to MIC's internal bureau in charge of relevant proposals. We will use your "title, name and e-mail address" to respond to or clarify the content of your inquiry. Please be aware that, according to content, the information concerned may be transferred to the relevant office and ministries.
- (3) "Inquiries" collected through proceedings under 2. (3), according to content, may be sent to MIC's internal bureau in charge of relevant inquiries. We will use your "title, name and e-mail address" to respond to or clarify the content of your inquiry.
- (4) Information collected through proceedings under 2 (4) may be used to respond to or confirm information on links and to protect copyrights.
- (5)"Opinions etc." collected through proceedings under 2 (5) shall be used as reference data to develop future policy plans. In addition, these opinions may be used as reference data to compile such web pages as "Q&A Corner."
Your "name, address, telephone number and e-mail address" may be used to respond to your opinion, inquiry.
- (6)"E-mail addresses" collected through proceedings under 2 (6) shall be used to deliver the mail magazine to you. Matters registered on a voluntary basis may be used as reference data to produce the mail magazine.
- 4. Restrictions on use and provision of the information
MIC shall not, except in cases where a request has been made to disclose collected information by law and where there are special reasons, including cases where unlawful acts, such as illegal access, threats, etc. have occurred, use the said information for other purposes under 3 nor provide a third party with the said information.
However, with regard to information on access to this website, proposals and opinions sent to MIC, and proposal attributes pertaining to the information, statistically processed data on the information or opinions, etc. may be released or posted on this website.
- 5. Security measures
MIC shall take the necessary measures to properly administer collected information, such as prevention of leakage, mutilation and alteration of the information.
- 6. Applicable scope of this policy
For further information, please contact:
Public Relations Office Policy Evaluation and Public Relations Division Minister's Secretariat, MIC
1-2, Kasumigaseki 2-chome, Chiyoda-City, Tokyo, 100-8926
For inquiry, click here