July 17, 2020 Appeal for Opinions on Draft Ministerial Ordinance and Notices pertaining to Partial Revisions to Rules for Reporting on Telecommunications Business
The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) has decided to make an appeal for opinions from Saturday, July 18 through Friday, August 21, 2020, on the draft ministerial ordinance and notices specified below for partial revisions to the Rules for Reporting on Telecommunications Business.
MIC will make the institutional development of the ministerial ordinance related to the Rules for Reporting on Telecommunications Business (Ministerial Ordinance of MPT No. 46 of 1988) and notices related to terminal facilities with consideration of the partial revision of the Regulations for Enforcement of the Radio Act. The ministerial ordinance and notices are for the introduction of the fifth-generation mobile communications system (5G) in the frequency band used for the fourth-generation mobile communications system (4G), along with the introduction of the broadband wireless access (BWA) system that is compatible with 5G.
2. Appeal for opinions
- Draft ministerial ordinance and pertaining to partial revisions to the Rules for Reporting on Telecommunications Business
- Draft notice that partially revises MPT Notice No. 72 of 1994 (Defining terminal facilities that use radio waves and do not refuse connection requests from users)
- Draft notice that partially revises MIC Notice No. 99 of 1996 (Defining test methods for the certification of conformity with the technical standards of terminal equipment)
- Draft notice that partially revises MIC Notice No. 87 of 2011 (Defining the electrical conditions of IP telephone terminals and dedicated communications line equipment)
- Draft notice that partially revises MIC Notice No. 147 of 2013 (Defining IP mobile telephone and similar terminals and their conditions, where it is incredibly unreasonable to apply the Ordinance Concerning Terminal Facilities Etc.)
- Draft notice that partially revises MIC Notice No. 30 of 2019 (Defining the transmission timing conditions of IP mobile telephone terminals or private telecommunications facilities connected to IP mobile telephone facilities)
2. Procedure of appeal for opinions
Submission period: From Saturday, July 18 through Friday, August 21, 2020 (Opinions by mail reaching after the deadline date will be accepted if postmarked on or before the deadline date.)
MIC will post this matter on the public comment page of the e-Gov (https://www.e-gov.go.jp/en/ ) as well.
3. Future plans
MIC will promptly revise the Rules for Reporting on Telecommunications Business, etc. based on the result of opinions submitted.
For further information about this press release, please fill in the inquiry form and submit it to MIC on the website
International Policy Division, Global Strategy Bureau, MIC
TEL: +81 3 5253 5920
FAX: +81 3 5253 5924